The Destination Information has been gleaned from various places. The ARTIST PROFILE information was taken from your entrythingy application. Check the info, make sure the links are working properly and that the text is what you want representing you. If you have additional photos, please send them as well.
Send any updates, additions or changes to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE APRIL 15th.
THANK YOU !
Here’s how you do it!!!
Become a DONOR at or above the BRONZE Level
Be part of a group of 3 or more artists accepted into THAT in one location.
What you get as DESTINATION:
A dedicated webpage when we are provided with:
- Physical Address
- Location on Google Map (Donate by April 15th)
- Listed on Printed Map, as well. (Donate by March15th)
THAT’s EMAIL: email@example.com
Send Photos and info about your destination to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send checks made payable to River Union Stage to:
The Hunterdon Art Tour, PO Box 106, Baptistown, NJ 08803
The Deadline for Applying as as Artist for this Tour is FEBRUARY 15th!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Twenty-one artists attended the public meeting on January 24th.
The enthusiasm for THAT was palpable!
Feedback from the artists changed our plans:
There will be no limit on the price of artworks displayed at the
opening night exhibit at the Hunterdon Art Museum.
The size limit remains: no dimension greater than 30″.
We directed the artists’ attention to the website of the
Saugerties Art Tour
for a model of the pages THAT will create to highlight participating
artists and their work.
THAT is welcoming groups of artists
who want to show at one location!
(Several groups of artists are already planning to participate together).
There are TWO options:
OPTION #1: Each artist applies (for the same location),
and thus each artist will have a page on our web site.
OPTION #2: The group signs up to be a Destination (at a cost of $250),
thus saving the application/registration fees for each artist,
but each artist does not have a page on our website. To have a profile page on the site AND be a destination, the artists must each pay $35. Application plus $90. Upon acceptance.
ARTIST APPLICATIONS DUE FEBRUARY 15: APPLY
The deadline for Sponsors and Destinations
who want to appear on THAT’s printed map:
MARCH 1, 2017
Sponsors and groups of artists who sign up to be a Destination will appear on the printed custom-made THAT map, which will be widely distributed in April, but you must sign up by the deadline of March 1, 2017.
Sponsors and Destinations who sign up after March 1st will appear only our website.
THAT team wants to thank all of you who came to meeting this past Tuesday Evening. It was incredibly informative for us and totally affirming! We have come to a few decisions we would like to share:
- RE: Hunterdon Museum of ART Exhibition: We will NOT impose a price limitation on the piece that the participating artist chooses to submit. The scale will be limited to 30″ wide for wall work. Display options for Sculpture and other items will be worked out individually.
- We are planning to create separate pull down menus for multiple artists exhibiting at one location : i.e: Toshiko Takaezu STUDIO, Prallsville Mills, Sunflower Studio – or others – as well as individual pages for each artist.
- We are maintaining the TOTAL price for the tour at $125. ($35. application fee + $90. due at acceptance)
- Destinations do NOT get artists pages. Destinations will have a place on the MAP – both Printed (if $$ paid by March 1st) and DIGITAL (no deadline) – and a link to their website through the destination marker.
\I’m sure there is more – but I gotta get back to that painting across the room!
PUBLIC MEETING FOR ARTISTS
… and all others interested in participating in THAT
When: TUESDAY, JANUARY 24TH @ 7 p.m.
Where: FRENCHTOWN BOROUGH HALL
29 2nd St.
Frenchtown, NJ 08825
Put it on your calendar!! Come with your ideas, your questions and anything else you would like to share.
Read it all!
1. THE ARTIST APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE JANUARY 1st!
We have created the ARTIST APPLICATION to PARTICIPATE in the Tour.
The application period OPENS January 1, 2017.
The application period ENDS January 31, 2017.
Apply! It’s easy!
2. PUBLIC MEETING FOR ARTISTS AND OTHERS INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING
TUESDAY: JANUARY 24TH @ 7 p.m.
Location to be announced
Put it on your calendar!!
THAT: We are a new organization, learning as we go, and there’s a lot to learn! We benefit from the input we’re getting from you.
3. A CURATED OPEN STUDIOS TOUR
Our aim in creating THAT was to establish an event that gave the artists in our county a chance to show off and sell their work directly to the public. We want THAT to be a place where artists who make their work and have demonstrated dedication to it can shine. We are curating the tour. We are curating the tour to ensure we have artists who fit that target group.
This year the curators are the four of us, the people who formed this event. Three of us are visual artists, one is a writer. We are sensitive to the demands of putting art at the center of our lives and want to honor those who do.
4. OTHER DESTINATIONS ON THE THAT MAP
As a result from input, we are adding an option to THAT, the DESTINATION option. If you want your restaurant, gallery or other place of business (but not an artist’s studio) to be a DESTINATION on the THAT Map, you can! For a donation of $250.00 (or above) you will be listed as a DESTINATION.
We are in the process of designing a printed map for the tour. Donate $250 or more and your DESTINATION will be on our printed and digital maps.
5. MAKE SURE OUR EMAIL IS GETTING THROUGH:
Put email@example.com in your address book.
Check your spam folder if you’re reading this on our website or blog.
Regards from the THAT team,
Anyone want to share these babies? They need to go all over the county to generate involvement. Give us a shout.
firstname.lastname@example.org. Att: Val Sivilli
Send me an email and an address and I will bring some to you, or coordinate where you can pick some up.
THAT has been having great momentum. We had a fruitful meeting this evening.
THAT is asking you to spread the word about getting involved in the tour.
Here are 3 ways the you can spread the word.
- Tell ARTISTS you may know. Send them a link to this BLOG.
- Have a Favorite Restaurant with great wall space… tell them they can be involved.
- How about Musicians? Saturday night will be a fabulous opportunity to perform around the county. Send them a link to this BLOG.
Applications for PARTICIPATION in THAT opens Jan, 1 2017.
For information regarding Participation, go to the PARTICIPATION link.