APPLICATION : OPENS: JAN 1 – CLOSES MARCH 15
RECEPTION at HUNTERDON ART MUSEUM FRIDAY, MAY 4, 2018 (7-9 PM)
OPEN STUDIOS SATURDAY, MAY 5 and SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2018 (10am – 6pm)
- Artists must apply through through this LINK to APPLICATION. We are using entrythingy.
- An application will include an artist statement, resume including exhibition record and electronic professional quality images of the work and studio. Images should be sized between 1400 and 2000 pixels on the longest dimension.
- Work submitted in the application must be representative of work to be sold during the Tour.
- Artists must have a web presence, e.g. a website, blog, Instagram or Facebook account(s).
- The submission deadline for application has been extended to March 15th, 2018. Artists will be notified by March 24, 2018. The Tour fee is $125.00 for an individual artist page and $250.00 for a Destination. Fee is due at the time of Application. A studio visit may be a consideration of acceptance into the tour.
- Artists can submit one piece of artwork to the show show and sale at THAT’s opening event to be held on Friday evening, May 4th at the Hunterdon Art Museum. HAM is most generously NOT taking and commission for any work sold. If sold, 50% of the price of the work will be a donation to THAT to help fund the 2019 tour. The remaining 50% goes to the artist. Unsold works will be returned to the artist.
- Artists living or working in Hunterdon County are preferred, including guest artists with a specific connection to Hunterdon County who has already (or will share) a Hunterdon based venue. Guest artists living outside Hunterdon County may enter through a friend’s studio or other suitable venue. Guest artists must apply separately from their “host” studio artist.
- Artists who don’t have an accessible Hunterdon-based studio may partner with Hunterdon businesses, galleries, restaurants or other venues to exhibit their work.
- Artists are encouraged to support THAT in promoting and informing the public regarding accessibility to your studio.
- Artists need to provide proof of liability insurance that protects THAT and / or sign an Indemnity Agreement.
- Only work that is original and created by the accepted artist is allowed in the Tour.
- Artists must be present with their work during all tour hours.
- Artists are encouraged to have work for sale, although selling is NOT required.
Questions or concerns, please CONTACT T.H.A.T. via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THAT is mindful of the exaggerated influence that the “art world” exerts on shaping what art is regarded as “good” or worthy of attention. There is art that expresses exciting, original ideas right here in our backyard. THAT aims to give these artists greater access to a public eager to explore studios far from venues traditionally intended for art investors.